It exists several types of trucks depending on the type of expected final products.
- Truck for canning: implementation of all equipment required to achieve canned products in one single skid designed for truck’s usable width and length: glass jars lid closing system with steam injection, metallic cans seamer, under-vacuum plastic pouches thermo sealer, autoclave and electric air compressor to run closing machines. Products are prepared from raw ingredients at the farm and then transported inside the truck. They are heat treated (pasteurization or sterilization), cooled, returned back to the farmer for refrigerated or ambient storage, labelling and sales.
- Truck for making juices, compotes, coulis - the "Pressi-Mobile": all equipment for cleaning, grinding, pressing, filtering, pasteurizing and filling are included into the truck. Privates, associations, professionals can book the truck on the website or by phone. They select the type of fruit, the quantity, for what steps of processing they need the truck, and their availabilities on a calendar. Two types of packaging are proposed: bottles or bag in box. The user only must provide tap water, a minimum area to park the truck and a trailer to evacuate the pulps.
This type of truck can be purchased both though private owner (truck for rent) of through collective (cooperative) owning with right of use for a fee. This truck could move from farms to farms, from cities to cities in order to be used by a maximum of producers. Consumers could buy their products directly at the producer in the truck.
This type of mobile and share processing facilities has many advantages.
From an economic point of view:
- It allows to make a processing facility profitable by sharing the investment among many producers;
- It allows producers to process their raw products in order to give them added value to products and to meet with consumer expectations;
- It allows to use an equipment the whole year for seasonal activities.
From an environmental point of view:
- It allows to limit raw food material spoilage and food waste.
From a social point of view:
- It creates new links among the producers and between producers and consumers.